Knowing the utility that water has to offer, there’s no such thing as “having enough water”. The more you have it, the better. But isn’t drinking water plain too mainstream? Bring a little twist to your body-hydration regime this summer with some infused water drinks.
Generally, water-infused drinks do not take much time and are uber-easy to make. However, the selection of flavour and its intensity puts the time factor into subjectivity. Mentioned below is a list of quick recipes to make yourself a refreshing water-infused drink at the convenience of your home.
1) Strawberry Thyme: An absolutely invigorating drink that requires a minimal amount of efforts. Just use some chopped strawberries, few sprigs of fresh thyme and some chilled water. Put all of these into a glass and you’re good to go. Leave the mixture overnight or at least 2 hours to let the flavour infuse with the water.
Strawberries have a high content of Vitamin C and thyme is known for its calming and soothing properties. This fruit and water combination surely makes for a refreshing beverage in days of acute heat.
2) Grapefruit Jalapeño: Boost your energy levels with some Grapefruit Jalapeño infused water this summer season! Easy to prepare and highly beneficial for your body’s metabolism, this water-based drink is a balanced blend of spicy and tangy. Not only this drink would keep you hydrated and fresh but also serves as a treat to your taste buds.
3) Apricot, Raspberries, and Mint: Detoxifying properties of apricots and raspberry, drain out the toxins from your body, helping you lose weight effortlessly. Sit back, relax and make this “self-pampering” drink at your home with a super easy recipe. Just chop a couple of apricots, add some fresh raspberries with a dash of mint to your favourite jar, add some cold water and the drink is ready! Leave the drink for infusion for as long as you wish to, suiting your preference for how flavorous you’d like your drink to be.
4) Cucumber Lemon: Refreshing is just another synonym for cucumber. This rejuvenating mix of cucumber and lemon hits the right spot when the scorching summer sun is at its best. Making this water-infused drink is a cakewalk even for amateurs who don’t know a thing about food or beverages.
Just a bunch of slices of cucumber, chopped lemons and a quarter of cold water and you’re done. Infusion time again remains subjective for this drink as well, depending upon how you like your drink.
5) Apple, Cinnamon, and Red Pear: This drink is a winner when it comes to antioxidants, which help in protecting your body from diseases and toxins. Also, it takes what we call a moment to prepare this detoxifying and refreshing drink. This sweet drink with a hint of spice takes half a chopped apple and red pear along with some cinnamon sticks. Leave the contents with cold water overnight to soak up the flavour and enjoy it on a sunny day by the pool.