Summers could get exhausting; keeping in view the soaring temperatures. Fruits in the summer season not only help you cool down but also improve your health and well-being. The last thing one would want in summers is to get dehydrated and thus, intake of fruits becomes imperative.
COVID-19 has struck the world adversely and we are aware of how easy of a target are the ones with a poor immune system. Consuming fruits that boost your immunity gives you a shield to fight the virus and eating them is a precaution one must take. Below is a list of fruits that not only help you “beat-the-heat” but also help you enhance your immunity during this pandemic.
1) Watermelon: Loaded with Vitamins A, B6, and C, this summer delight works wonders when the temperatures start to get to you. Enriched with vitamins and other vital nutrients, watermelon contains as much as 92% water to keep you hydrated and refreshed. This summer fruit is also a go-to food for fitness freaks who want to cut down fats for a slender, slim body.
2) Sweet Lime: Sweet lime, a rich source of vitamins and anti-oxidants, helps keep your body cool in the summer season while enhancing your immune system effectively. Supporting your body with multiple health benefits, this citrus fruit keeps you hydrated and at bay from the common cold, flu, and digestive problems.
3) Mangoes: Popularly known as the “King of Fruits”, the fruit does absolute justice to the name. With its drool-worthy flavour, mango is without a doubt everyone’s favourite. Its peculiar taste is not the only USP of the fruit but its nutrient value tops the charts in the list of summer fruits. Enriched with Vitamins A, C, and D, mangoes contain high levels of iron, potassium and calcium that could substantially improve your health.
4) Papaya: Backed with bera-carotene, papayas help heal your skin from the damages caused by sunburns in summers. This fruit not only makes your skin soft and supple but also keeps you cool and hydrated. Papayas help improve digestion, regulate blood pressure and diabetes, and also help in weight loss.
5) Strawberries: With a water content of as high as 91%, strawberries are an exceptional source of hydration in summers. Deliciously flavoured, this little red-coloured fruit has numerous health benefits. Strawberry, an antioxidant-rich fruit, helps improve digestive health and nourish your skin.
Tremendously popular amongst the young and old alike, these berries are concentrated with Vitamin C, essential for the nourishment of your body.
6) Cantaloupe: A special member of the Musk Melon family, Cantaloupes, having a water concentration of 90%, are highly hydrating fruits. Rich in antioxidants and vitamin C and A, cantaloupes help improve your skin, hair and heart health. It also develops your immune system and also assists in regulating weight loss.